Even simpler d6 saves- Swords & Wizardry style Single Saving Throw

So I decided I wanted to make all saves in my game use d6 instead of d20; then somebody pointed out Swords and Wizardry has a simple system that gives each class a single save. It's something I had considered including, but didn't want to destroy the sacred cow of the 5 save system in the same post I destroyed the d20 roll. But it's a great idea! Give each class their save- they all progress at the same rate (1/level) anyway under S&W, which of course fits well with my math. Every 3 levels, they gain a point. Some of the classes get bonuses to certain categories of saves (Magic-Users versus Magic and Magical Devices, Thieves versus Devices, for example). Easy.


All I had to do was make sure it was faithful to LotFP's starting values, which I did by finding the average of the 5 saves at level 1 for each class, then adjusting that to my d6 ranges. Also, Swords & Wizardry uses race in addition to class, so Dwarfs, Elves and Halflings don't have a save of their own to draw from-  but a save bonus of 2-3 on a d20 or a 25% bonus are both close enough to +1 to make it pretty simple.

You can grab it as a single page PDF at this link or just click the image above.

Single Saving Throws with d6

Comments

Popular Posts

Don't join the illuminati through my comment section... (w/ bonus NPC)

Get ya self some tapes! pt 2 (w/ bonus lost codices table!)

The LotFP d6 Skill System